November 1, 2011

Jesus Calls All - 12

You may not know God, but God knows you.

Psalm 139:1-3 You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.

He knows our strengths and your weaknesses; our likes and dislikes; our (past present future) successes and failures. And He uses them all to His glory.

God gets it. That’s why when we are weak in ourselves, we are stong in Him. It’s why we can do the very things we dislike doing, and actually find ourselves discovering great joy in them, when God is with us. And our failures don’t get us down, for even when bad stuff happens, God does work for the good for us who love him (Romans 8:28).

So, when you are feeling beat up, knocked down, and you are wallowing in your own sinfull nature, don’t give up. Talk to that great psychologist, coach, mentor and our best friend, Jesus. The Holy Spirit will help you get up, dust yourself off, and get you back in that spiritual fight we all face.

No comments:

Post a Comment